Altegrity Fact Sheet
What is the business focus of Altegrity?
Altegrity is a family of companies that helps clients reduce risk, maximize opportunities, and make better business decisions by
- Gathering, processing, and analyzing information
- Sharing subject matter expertise
- Providing proven training techniques
Altegrity partners with its clients to help Make Decisions Smarter®.
When was your company established?
Altegrity was formed in July 2009 as a holding company for our two business lines at the time: USIS & HireRight. Launching the Altegrity holding company structure better supported our commitment to continue growing organically and through acquisitions. Previously, US Investigations Services (from 1996 to 2005) and USIS (from 2005 to 2009) were the corporate names and brands.
What is the origin of your company name?
Altegrity is a coined name derived from Altus, Latin for high, suggesting altitude, achievement, success, and perspective, and Integrity, the critical foundation of our businesses and our work that revolves around sound judgment and rigorous adherence to the highest principles.
Altegrity signifies a company whose work with people is of the highest integrity and suggests efficiency, disciplined processes, accuracy in what we do, and completeness or thoroughness of our solutions. Altegrity is a company that always strives to achieve the heights of integrity.
What does the logo mean?
The Altegrity logo is made up of vertical panes, which suggest pages or screens of data that are uncovered and transformed through our work and solutions. The motion of the panes illustrates our focus on bringing customers to a clear decision point. The logo speaks to our power of transformation—we transform data into information, and information into insight, to help clients Make Decisions Smarter®.
Who owns your company?
The Altegrity family of companies is principally owned by Providence Equity Partners. Established in 1989, the firm pioneered a sector-based approach to private equity, convinced that a dedicated team of industry experts could build companies of enduring value in the dynamic communications industry. Guided by this commitment, Providence Equity Partners has led some of the most exciting and successful companies in its sectors, generating superior investment returns across economic cycles. Today, having invested in more than 100 companies over its 22-year history, Providence is one of the world’s premiere private equity firms and a dominant global franchise in the media, communications, information and education industries. The firm has $23 billion of capital under management.
What are the company's businesses?
The company's businesses include:
Kroll Advisory Solutions, the global leader in risk mitigation and response, delivers a wide range of solutions that span investigations, due diligence, compliance, cyber security and physical security. Clients partner with Kroll Advisory Solutions for the highest-value intelligence and insight to drive the most confident decisions about protecting their companies, assets and people.
Kroll Advisory Solutions is recognized for its expertise, with 40 years of experience meeting the demands of dynamic businesses and their environments around the world. Headquartered in New York with offices in 29 cities across 17 countries, Kroll Advisory Solutions has a multidisciplinary team of 700 employees.
- Kroll's professionals typically have prior experience at accounting and management consulting firms, financial institutions, technology companies, law firms, law enforcement and prosecutorial agencies, the media, the military, or diplomatic service.
- Employs innovative data mining and analytical tools to produce more comprehensive results and to deliver cost-effective services to clients anywhere in the world.
- Provides expert advice and solutions for operational policing, intelligence, and security throughout the world, covering the physical security of people, premises, assets, and information.
Kroll Ontrack is the leading provider of legal technologies, data recovery and information management solutions. With world-renowned experts and deep global experience addressing the toughest data challenges, Kroll Ontrack is the trusted partner for assuring control through proven services, people and technology. Our experts partner with clients to effectively recover, analyze and manage information in preparation for and in response to business critical information events, including legal and compliance matters, regulatory requests and data losses. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Kroll Ontrack has 30 offices around the globe and approximately 1,500 employees serving legal, corporate, and government entities as well as consumers. Highlights of Kroll Ontrack capabilities, services and track record:
- 20 | Volume of petabytes (approximately 20,000 terabytes) Kroll Ontrack hosts in its world-class, secure data centers in the U.S., U.K. and Asia
- 126 | Number of countries from which Kroll Ontrack collected data in 2011
- 51,080 | Pieces of media handled annually by Kroll Ontrack data recovery experts
HireRight, headquartered in Irvine, California, is a leading provider of on-demand employment background screening, drug and health screening, and employee eligibility solutions that help employers automate, manage, and control screening and related programs. Many companies, including more than one-third of the Fortune 500, trust HireRight because the company delivers customer-focused solutions that provide greater efficiency and fast results. Highlights of HireRight's capabilities, services, and track record:
- Screens more than 6 million applicants annually for customers across a variety of industries and geographies.
- Serves approximately 50,000 employers across more than 200 countries and territories.
- Provides pre-integrated employment screening services through enterprise e-recruiting solutions from top providers such as Oracle, Taleo, Kenexa, SAP, Silkroad, PeopleAdmin, HealthcareSource and HRsmart.
USIS, headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, provides comprehensive security-based solutions to government agencies and is composed of two divisions. The Investigations Services Division (ISD) is the U.S. government's largest supplier of background investigations and provides diverse investigations to all levels of government and law enforcement agencies. This includes providing compliance and investigation services that combat fraud, waste and abuse in the health care industry. The health care fraud solution combines site visits, criminal background checks and fingerprinting processes that collectively address all requirements of Final Rule 6028-FC issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The Global Security and Solutions (GS&S) Division specializes in physical/personnel/facility security, investigative analytics, intelligence analysis, construction surveillance and security convergence. The company also provides solutions in information management, concentrating in litigation support, records management and information support services for the government. Highlights of USIS' capabilities, services, and track record:
- Provides services to the federal government under more than 100 contracts.
- Performed nearly 2 million investigations for government agencies in 2011. The investigation process relies on data checks and a field investigation process where investigators compile reports through an industry-leading process of applicant and source interviews, data research and record review.
- Has more than 6,000 employees with nearly 2,300 credentialed field investigators—the largest team in North America—and more than 2,000 additional highly trained professionals cleared for work on classified projects and programs.
- Conducts site verification visits, electronic fingerprint collection and FBI channeling, fraud investigations and medical payment claims validation to combat fraud, waste and abuse in the health care industry
- Uses secure, proprietary IT systems to conduct its investigation processes, ensuring information security and real-time tracking of performance.
- Provides construction surveillance to several secure government construction projects.
- Provides customized records, information, and document management solutions for the federal government, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Department of Justice, Department of Homeland Security, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and more.
- Provides litigation support that includes drafting motions and briefs, conducting legal research, supporting discovery and assisting in trial or negotiation preparations.
How many employees do you have today?
The Altegrity family of companies has approximately 10,500 employees in 30 countries providing information and insight to business leaders making decisions about employment, litigation, investment, security, risk, and regulatory compliance matters.